LLC British Teaching University in Georgia announces a competition for the academic position in the following area: English language teaching methodology
Associate Professor – 1 vacant position (selected for a 4-year term)
Qualification requirements :
* A candidate, who has a doctorate or the equivalent academic degree in the relevant field and at least 3 years of scientific-pedagogical experience, has the right to participate in the competition for the academic position of associate professor.
- a) Competence to implement Academic English and/or sectoral English training courses
- b) Competence of teaching the preparatory course for the IELTS exam;
- c) International certificate/s regarding English language teaching methodology;
- d) Scientific publications in the direction of English language teaching.
To participate in the competition, the candidate must submit:
- a) Statement; (see attachment)
- b) A copy of the identity card or the passport of a citizen of Georgia, and in the case of a citizen of a foreign country or a stateless person, respectively – a passport or a residence permit;
- c) A copy of the qualification document – diploma, and if the diploma was issued by a foreign higher educational institution, a certificate confirming its recognition under the legislation of Georgia;
- d) Copy(s) of certificate(s) confirming teaching activity in a higher educational institution (if any);
- e) Autobiography (CV), which should reflect information about the contestant’s work experience (including scientific-pedagogical activities, if any), scientific work(s) published by him in the last 5 years, received scholarships – grants and scientific conferences and professional development events about participation;
- f) A syllabus of one subject compatible with the respective stream. The syllabus may reflect a course that the contestant has already implemented in any higher educational institution or represent a project;
- g) One research paper that, in the contestant’s opinion, best represents his/her academic interests and experience (if any);
The competition will be held in two stages:
I stage – selection of submitted documents;
II stage – interview with the candidates selected in the first stage (if necessary, conducting a demonstration lecture)
LLC British Training University in Georgia reserves the right to verify the information provided by you if necessary. In the second stage of the competition, only the selected candidates who pass the first stage will be contacted.
Date of announcement of the competition: February 6, 2023
Acceptance of documents: from March 9 to March 14, 2023
Competition period: from March 20 to March 23, 2023
The period of publication of the competition results: April 2023
Interested persons, should submit the application and the relevant documentation in material form to the following address:
British Teaching University in Georgia
Address: Tbilisi, Didi Digomi, Vepkhistkaosani Street N92 (from Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Or send it to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(At the same time, contestants must submit relevant documentation in material form no later than March 14, 2023).