A public lecture was held at the British University in Georgia on the topic of European integration of Georgia. The lecture was led by Tamar Khulordava, a co-founder of Egeria Solutions and a senior consultant on issues of democracy and governance, and former chairman of the Parliament’s European Integration Committee.
The following issues were discussed during the meeting:
- what is necessary for Georgia to join the European Union and receive candidate status,
- the structure, functions, and values of the European Union,
- Georgia’s path, challenges, and recommendations for what needs to be done,
- What benefits EU membership can bring to Georgia (using EU member states as examples),
- What the 12 points tell us, why they are important, and how they should be fulfilled.
The public lecture was organised by the Democracy Support Center with the support of the National Endowment for Democracy as part of the project “Promotion of Civic Education and Engagement in Georgia.”