The British University in Georgia announces registration for MA in British Studies programme. For the content and structure of the programme, please visit the University website.
For the 2021-2022 academic year, the British University announces admissions for 25 vacancies. The applicants will be enrolled on the basis of the Unified Postgraduate Examination and Internal University Exams. The interested applicants are required to:
- pass the minimum competency threshold for at least three of the four parts of the Unified Postgraduate Examination;
- successfully pass Internal University Exams (interview/oral exam and test in English).
The terms and rules of the enrollment for the citizens of Georgia and international students without passing the Unified Postgraduate Exams can be found here.
The purpose of the Internal University Exam (interview/oral exam) is to evaluate an applicant’s motivation and knowledge related to the following topics:
- The UK History and Traditions;
- The UK Political System;
- The UK Culture;
- The UK Economy;
- The UK Foreign Policy.
The recommended literature: O’Driscoll, James (2018). Britain for Learners of English. Oxford University Press.
The minimum competency threshold for the English test is 60 %. Applicants who present an international certificate of B2 English level proficiency or a document certifying that an applicant has completed full or partial bachelor’s / master’s studies in English are free from the test.
Registration Procedures and Required Documents
- Statement on Enrollment;
- Copy of Identity Card or Passport; In case of without citizenship – a residence permit;
- Certificate of successful passing of Unified Postgraduate Examination or the relevant document from the LEPL National Assessment and Examinations Center;
- A copy of the bachelor’s degree or a certificate from the relevant higher education institution certifying the qualification. If an applicant has obtained the qualification abroad, he/she must additionally submit the document on the recognition of education obtained abroad, issued by the LEPL National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement.
Note: A notarised copy of the bachelor’s degree must be submitted in the material form before the end of the examination process.
- International Certificate of English Language Proficiency at least B2 level or a certificate of the completion of full or partial bachelor’s / master’s degree in English (if any).
Note: In case of submission of the relevant document, an applicant is free from the English language test.
- Photograph (3X4);
- Certificate of Military Registration (for males);
Note: The document must also be submitted in the material form before the end of the examination process.
Dates for Internal University Exams
- Test in Englishwill be held on September 13 and 14, 2021. The exam results will be published no later than September 14, 2021. The appealing procedure will take place until September 15, 2021, 14:00. The results of the appealing will be announced no later than September 15, 2021.
For those who were unable to take the English language test due to objective circumstances, the test will be held on September 17, 2021. Appeals will be accepted until 14:00 on September 18, 2021, the respective results will be published by no later than September 18, 2021.
- Oral Exam / Interview will be held on September 20-21, 2021. The results of the interview will be published no later than September 21, 2021. Appeals will be accepted until 14:00 on September 22, 2021. The respective results will be published no later than September 22, 2021.
For those who were unable to attend the interview due to objective circumstances, another interview will take place on September 24, 2021. Appeals will be accepted until 14:00 on September 25, 2021. The respective results will be published no later than September 25, 2021.
The final results of the competition will be announced no later than September 26, 2021. The successful applicants will be invited to sign the contract from September 27, 2021, to September 30, 2021.
Internal University Exams will be held at the university campus. Address: Didi Dighomi, Vepkhistkaosani str. 92.
In case of any inquires, please, contact:
Study Process Manager
Tel: +995 593 30 60 97
Address: Didi Dighomi, Vepkhistkaosani str. 92.