Programme trains teachers to teach English using differentiated strategies and considering individual student needs at primary, secondary, and further education levels.
Teacher Training Educational Programme aims:
- To prepare a primary, lower secondary and upper secondary school teacher with the necessary knowledge and skills for teaching English, who
- will be aware of the uniqueness of each student;
- will be able to use differentiated teaching strategies.
- To give a student the pedagogical-psychological competence, knowledge about classroom management and conducting the teaching process in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the Teacher and the National Curriculum;
- To enable a student to implement pedagogical practice using the acquired knowledge and to be focused on continuous professional development.
1. Pedagogy (5 ECTS)
2. Educational Psychology (5 ECTS)
3. Research Methods in Education (5 ECTS)
4. Learning Process Planning and Management (5 ECTS)
5. Methods of English Language Teaching 1 (5 ECTS)
6. Teaching Practice 1 (5 ECTS)
Total: 30 ECTS
1. Basics of the General Education System (5 ECTS)
2. School Assessment Systems (5 ECTS)
3. Inclusive Education (5 ECTS)
4. Methods of English Language Teaching 2 (5 ECTS)
5. Teaching Practice 2 (5 ECTS)
1. Educational Technologies and Online Teaching (5 ECTS)
2. Leadership within a School (5 ECTS)
Total: 30 ECTS
Total Credits: 60 ECTS
Assessment of student achievements includes mid-term and final assessments, the sum of which is the final grade (100 marks). The mid-term and final assessments include an assessment component(s) that define(s) ways/means of assessing a student’s knowledge and/or ability and/or competencies (oral/written exam, oral/written inquiry, homework, practical/theoretical work, etc.). The evaluation component combines a variety of assessment methods (test, essay, presentation, practical/theoretical assignment, working in a group, participating in a discussion, solving a case, participating in a mock trial, etc.).
Each form and component of the assessment has a specific share of the final grade (100 marks), which is reflected in the specific syllabus and communicated to the student at the beginning of the semester. Credit may not be granted using only one form of assessment (mid-term or final assessment). Student credit is given only in case of a positive result.
System of Evaluation has five positive results:
(A) Exceptional – 91-100
(B) Very good – 81-90
(C) Good – 71-80
(D) Satisfactory – 61-70
(E) Sufficient – 51-60
Two negative results:
(FX) Unsuccessful Attempt – 41-50, a student is given a chance to re-take a final assessment;
(F) Failed – 40<, a student must re-take the course.
In case a student receives FX in the programme learning component, an additional exam will be assigned at least 5 calendar days after the announcement of the final exam results. The student’s marks on the additional exam are not added to the scores on the final assessment. The score received for the additional exam is the final score and is reflected in the result of the curriculum component of the educational programme. If a student receives a final score of 0-50 including the additional exam, the student receives a result of F-0 for this course.
The graduate of the educational programme will have the opportunity to work in the following areas:
- English language school teacher for primary, lower secondary and upper secondary levels;
- Methodist, facilitator in organisations working in the field of education;
- Training centres for students and entrants.
The programme will admit a person who holds a BA, MA and / or equivalent academic degree in the relevant subject / subject group of the National Curriculum and who has confirmed subject competence through an examination organised by the National Assessment and Examinations Center;
After successfully passing the exam organised by the National Assessment and Examinations Center, the candidate passes the University-organised exam (interview). The purpose of the interview is to determine the motivation of the candidate to study in the programme and to check his / her awareness and acceptance of the tendencies in general education and the field. Exam questions and assessment criteria are published on the University website 30 calendar days before the exam.
In order to register for the University-organised exam, the applicant should fill in the application form and upload the indicated documentation.
The interview is evaluated with 20 marks, out of which the minimum threshold of the positive assessment is 11 marks.
Click for the Assessment Criteria for the University-Organised Exam
Exam results will be published on the University’s official web page and sent to the applicants via e-mail in 1 working day after the results are announced.
Selected candidates must submit the following documents in physical form before concluding the contract:
- Application letter;
- Copy of a notary verified B.A., M.A. or/and identical academic degree certificate;
- In case of the foreign diploma, notary verified translated copies approved by the National Center of Education Quality Enhancement;
- ID copy;
- 2 Photos (3×4);
- CD format photo;
- CV in Georgian and English;
- Military record (for male applicants);
- Subject examination score document.
The programme annual fee is 2250 ₾.